Almond-Milk Creamed Spinach
- 500mL Almond Fresh Natural
- 500g baby spinach
- 30g salted butter
- 10 shallots, thinly sliced
- 45g all-purpose flour
- 100g grated cheese
- Freshly ground pepper
- 15g finely chopped almonds
STEPS FOR PREPARATION
- Preheat the oven to 425° Fahrenheit or 220° Celsius.
- Heat 1 inch of water in a large saucepan.
- Add the spinach.
- When the spinach is wilted, drain it.
- Wipe out the pot.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in the pot.
- Add the shallots and cook over moderate heat until softened.
- Stir in the flour; cook for 1 minute.
- Add the almond milk. Simmer until very thick, whisking occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon into a baking dish.
- In a small bowl, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Stir in the almonds and sprinkle over the creamed spinach.
- Bake for 15 minutes.